Records of the Royal Commission on the Distribution of Income and Wealth (Diamond Commission).
The series includes copies of the background papers, evidence, agenda, minutes, correspondence, files relating to appointments, finance and commissioned research, and working and domestic files of the commission.
The commission made three reports on specific matters referred to them by the Government; on income from companies and its distribution, on higher incomes from employment, and on lower incomes.The series contains the full list of formal reports:
- No 1 Initial report on the standing reference (Cmnd. 6171), HMSO, 1975
- No 2 Income from companies and its distribution (Cmnd. 6172), HMSO, 1975
- No 3 Higher incomes from employment (Cmnd. 6383), HMSO, 1976
- No 4 Second report on the standing reference (Cmnd. 6626), HMSO, 1976
- No 5 Third report on the standing reference (Cmnd. 6999), HMSO, 1977
- No 6 Lower income (Cmnd. 7175), HMSO, 1978
- No 7 Fourth report on the standing reference (Cmnd. 7595), HMSO, 1979
- No 8 Fifth report on the standing reference (Cmnd. 7679), HMSO, 1979
Other publications include four volumes of selected evidence, eight technical background papers, and finally 'An A to Z of income and wealth', a short illustrated summary of the commission's main findings.