Congo Free State (now Democratic Republic of the Congo): Léopoldville (now Kinshasa):...
Ordering and viewing options
Congo Free State (now Democratic Republic of the Congo): Léopoldville (now Kinshasa): British Consulate. Map showing proposed site for a British Consular residence to the east of Kalina Point [?now La Gombe];also showing private properties (in red) rented properties (in yellow), railway line and stations, public square, roads and Congo river (with arrow indicating direction of flow). Reference table.
This map was inscribed 'Boma' by the Ministry of Works and described in its card index under the heading Boma but has been identified as showing parts of the La Gombe and Kinshasa areas of Léopoldville.
|Date:||? early 20th century|
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Former reference in its original department:||O.C. No. 4276/2|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Dimensions:||43 cm x 66 cm|
|Physical condition:||In ink, on tracing linen|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- WORK - Records of the successive Works departments, and the Ancient Monuments Boards and Inspectorate
- Division within WORK - Records of the Directorate General of Works, its predecessors and successors, relating to royal, government and public buildings and works in the...
- WORK 40 - Office of Works and successors: Public Buildings, Overseas: Plans and Drawings
- Subseries within WORK 40 - CONSULATES
- WORK 40/136 - Congo Free State (now Democratic Republic of the Congo): Léopoldville (now Kinshasa): British Consulate. Map showing proposed site for a British...