Folios 303-304. Work house Inspection Report Form from Mr Courtenay Boyle, Poor Law...
Ordering and viewing options
- Download size approximately 1.5 MB. Download format PDF
More ways to view this record
Folios 303-304. Work house Inspection Report Form from Mr Courtenay Boyle, Poor Law Inspector to the Local Government Board, reporting his inspection of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union, on 16 October 1876; includes details of medical provision, management of the school, the vagrant wards, numbers of inmates. He particularly notes that the vagrant wards are very poor but that vagrants are scarce with rarely more than 10 per week. The sick wards are large but with few acute cases and only one nurse. The girls' lavatory is very poor.
Paper Number: [/1876].
Poor Law Union Number: 302.
|Date:||1876 Oct 21|
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- MH - Records created or inherited by the Ministry of Health and successors, Local Government Boards and related bodies
- Division within MH - Records of the Poor Law Commission, Poor Law Board, General Board of Health and Local Government Board
- MH 12 - Local Government Board and predecessors: Correspondence with Poor Law Unions and Other Local Authorities
- Subseries within MH 12 - Norfolk Poor Law Unions
- Subsubseries within MH 12 - Mitford and Launditch 302
- MH 12/8487 - Mitford & Launditch 302. (Described at item level)
- MH 12/8487/146 - Folios 303-304. Work house Inspection Report Form from Mr Courtenay Boyle, Poor Law Inspector to the Local Government Board, reporting his...