Uganda. 'Bob Mathias visits Uganda: Bob Mathias, the 26 year old Olympic Decathlon...
Ordering and viewing options
This record has not been digitised and cannot be downloaded.
Request a quotation for a copy to be digitised or printed and sent to you.
You must have a reader's ticket to view this record
If you already have a reader's ticket you can order the record to be ready for you when you visit us.Order in advance
Or, you can order the record when you arrive.
View free at The National Archives
Uganda. 'Bob Mathias visits Uganda: Bob Mathias, the 26 year old Olympic Decathlon champion and America's greatest all-round athlete has visited Uganda on a "goodwill tour", sponsored by the United States Information Services. Mathias spent four days in Uganda giving demonstrations and holding formal discussions with athletes, sports leaders and other interested people'. 'Mathias demonstrates putting the shot. When confronted with a left hander he immediately changed hands himself, he is normally right-handed, and his left handed throw was not far off the Uganda record'.
Photograph No.: K. 22060.
Official Uganda photograph compiled by Central Office of Information. Hand stamp of Camera Press Limited and publicity statement on reverse.
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Former reference in its original department||967.61/790|
|Legal status:||Public Record|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
|Access conditions:||Open Immediately|
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- INF - Records created or inherited by the Central Office of Information
- General records of the Central Office of Information and its predecessor government information departments and ministries
- INF 10 - British Empire Collection of Photographs
- INF 10/373 - Uganda: 7 photographs compiled by the Central Office of Information depicting...
- INF 10/373/7 - Uganda. 'Bob Mathias visits Uganda: Bob Mathias, the 26 year old Olympic Decathlon...