Records of the Joint Nature Conservation Committee
Contains records of the Joint Nature Conservation Committee relating the provision of guidance on nature conservation issues.
- Annual reports, KR 1
- Minutes and papers, KR 5
- Publications (UK nature conservation series), KR 2
- Publications (reports series), KR 6
- Project publications, KR 3
- Occasional publications, KR 4
- The Marine Nature Conservation Review, KR 7
- Datasets of selection of special areas of conservation in the UK are in KR 8
- Ramsar Wetlands Sites dataset in KR 9
The Joint Nature Conservation Committee was established under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and began work on 1 April 1991. Its brief is to advise the Secretary of State for the Environment on United Kingdom and international nature conservation issues. It was also responsible for providing guidance to the Nature Conservancy Council for England (from 1991 known as English Nature), Nature Conservancy Council for Scotland, the Countryside Council for Wales and the Department of the Environment for Northern Ireland on the maintenance of standards for species and habitat conservation.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)