Home Office: Prison Registers and Statistical Returns
This series includes
- Registers of prisoners in Millbank, Parkhurst and Pentonville prisons. These registers give each prisoner's age, marital status and number of children, whether they can read or write, trade, when and where convicted, crime, sentence, where and whence received, previous offences, when removed and where. Each volume is indexed. Similar registers for overflow prisoners kept in cells rented from county prisons are in HO 23.
- Annual statistical returns, 1860 to 1869, from county gaols and juvenile reformatory schools for England and Wales, arranged by county.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- HO Records created or inherited by the Home Office, Ministry of Home Security, and related...
- Prison Department and Inspectorate
- HO 24 Home Office: Prison Registers and Statistical Returns