Registry of Shipping and Seamen: Transcripts and Transactions, Series II, Transcripts
This series contains transcripts of ships' registries kept by the Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen and its predecessor.
The transactions in this series were reported on standard forms which were filed and bound separately from the transcripts.
The records contain the following information:
- port registry number;
- name and home port;
- date and place of registration;
- names of masters;
- names, occupations and addresses of owners;
- place and date of construction or capture of prize;
- name and employment of surveying officer;
- nationality of building (British, Plantation or Foreign);
- number of decks and masts;
- depth of hold and tons burden;
- type of vessel;
- whether it had a gallery or figure head;
- official number;
- port number of ship;
- names and addresses of builders;
- particulars of engines;
- names, descriptions and addresses of owners and shares held.
Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen, 1872-1992
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- BT Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies
- Records of the Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen and successor
- BT 108 Registry of Shipping and Seamen: Transcripts and Transactions, Series II, Transcripts