Admiralty: Royal Greenwich Hospital: Pensioners and School Admission Papers, Out Pensions Pay Books and Miscellaneous Registers
These miscellaneous records of Royal Greenwich Hospital include the following:
- Pensioners' admission papers, 1790 to 1865. They give descriptions, with the services in the Navy and the nature of disablement. Entry books of officers and pensioners, 1704 to 1869. These give very full particulars and are mostly indexed.
- Establishment books, entry books, muster books and registers, 1704 to 1869. Nurses, labourers, servants, etc. Out-pension pay books, 1781 to 1809. Artificers' wages lists, etc, 1845 to 1866. Burial Registers, 1844 to 1981.
- School admission papers, 1728 to 1870. These contain baptismal or birth certificates of the children, with marriage certificates of the parents, fathers' naval services, etc. Arranged under first letters.
- School registers, 1728 to 1883. Registers of claims and candidates, admissions, apprenticing, etc., of boys and girls. These generally give full particulars as to the birth of the children, the parents' marriages and circumstances, services, etc., and are mostly indexed.
- Registers of freight charges, 1828 to 1914, with an index, 1841 to 1868. Registers of allowances paid to wives or guardians of children of men in receipt of Naval pensions admitted to public lunatic asylums, 1899 to 1948.
Royal Greenwich Hospital, 1694-1832
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- ADM Records of the Admiralty, Naval Forces, Royal Marines, Coastguard, and related bodies
- Records of Royal Greenwich Hospital, and the Chatham Chest
- ADM 73 Admiralty: Royal Greenwich Hospital: Pensioners and School Admission Papers, Out...