Treasury: Pay Lists and other Documents concerning Refugees
Treasury pay lists and other records relating to refugees, comprising:
Volumes containing registers of allotments from serving officers and men to their wives or families between 1795 and 1812.
Allotment declarations from 1830 to 1851.
Allotment declarations from 1837 to 1852.
The records are concerned with the following refugees:
- American refugees, 1780 to 1835, Loyalists' temporary allowances and pensions lists, accounts, etc
- French refugees, 1793 to 1831, pay lists of Breton and Norman refugees, ships' books, etc
- Spanish refugees, 1828 to 1829, pay lists
- Toulonese refugees also Corsicans and Knights of Malta, 1834 to 1840, reports on applications and allowances.
- Poles, 1841 to 1856, pay lists
- Other accounts concern refugees from Holland, Malta and Santo Domingo, 1829 to 1841
Arranged alphabetically and numerically
For records of the American Loyalist Claims Commission see T 79
For papers of the Santo Domingo Claims Commission see T 81
For the French Refugees Relief Committee see T 93
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)