Ordnance Survey: Trigonometrical and Levelling Divisions: Magnetic Surveys
This series contains records of magnetic surveys undertaken by G W Walker and H L P Jolly. The records consist of three types of books:
- Descriptions of stations, containing locating details for the magnetic survey stations.
- Computation books, containing computations to find the geographical co-ordinates and azimuths for the magnetic survey stations.
- Calculation books, containing calculations to obtain the magnetic variations of specific points in Great Britain.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- OS Records of the Ordnance Survey of Great Britain
- Records of the Directorate of Field Survey and predecessors
- OS 6 Ordnance Survey: Trigonometrical and Levelling Divisions: Magnetic Surveys