Bundle of 48 deeds relating to premises at 109, 110, 111, Britannia Street, 1, 2, 3, 4, Ebeneezer Street, 12-16 Westmorland Place and 25, 26, 105, 106, 107, 108. Britannia Street.
|Unpublished finding aids:
The deeds have been rearranged into groups of properties for this descriptive list; the numbers used are those of the original chronogical list - See Appendix.
D/B/PYE/19-24, 31, 32 Nos 109,110,111, Britannia Street, No 4, Ebeneezer Street. Part of the Mora Estate, held by W J Blake, bequeathed to nephew A M Blake, 1876. 80 year lease to James Kent, builder who erected the warehousing, 1899. Pye takes out mortgage on property; repaid 1912. Pye purchases freehold from Blake, 1912. 1899 1912
D/B/PYE/25-30,34,35 Nos 1,2,3 Ebeneezer Street, Nos 12,14, Westmoreland Place James Kent, builder purchases freehold from S. Bartholomews Hospital, 1907. R H Pye purchases freehold, 1912. 1906-1912
D/B/PYE/15-18,33 No 16, Westmoreland Place
Portion of the estate of Anne Stubbs Layton, in trust 1894. Conveyed to James Kent, builder, via J Watson, 1912.
R H Pye purchases freehold 1912. 1894-1912
D/B/PYE/35,40-45 Sub-Leases and agreements relating to above properties.
Leases to Richard Pye and Co Ltd. 1925, 1935.
Sub-Leases to Turrett Button Co Ltd. 1913, 1917.
Sub-Leases to London Automatic Machine Co Ltd. 1919, 1926.
Agreement with neighbours on Ancient Lights 1928. 1913 1936
D/B/PYE/1-14, 36-39 Nos 24,25,26,105,106,107,108 Britannia Street Mary Powell purchases freehold of seven plots in Moffatt (Britannia) Street. Properties descend to Bardwick family. Estate of Sarah Bardwick under trusteeship of the Ward family, 1864. Wm. Ward purchase freehold, 1913 : Sale particulars and abstract of title. 1806-1913
The above group of deeds form part of the archive of R Pye & Co, but there is no evidence of title having been conveyed to them. W & F Ward continue as owners after 1913.