Bedford Park Estate (Streatham) Ltd, Streatham, Surrey
Immediate source of acquisition:
Depositor: Mr M.V. Carey
Date: January and May 1993
Administrative / biographical background:
The company was set up in 1917 to purchase the former Bedford House estate from the executors of George Pratt. The freehold estate comprised business premises on the west side of Streatham High Road and adjoining residential streets; it excluded the premises and business of Pratt's Ltd., although the company was also investing in properties in Middlesex and Surrey. The company was voluntarily wound up in ca. 1965, but the final volume of minutes has not survived.
The title deeds to the estate were initially deposited with Surrey Record office in 1982 (2668), and have now been transferred to Lambeth Archives. These include some Pratt family papers and photographs.
/1 Board minutes Feb. 1917 - April 1941
/2 Board minutes May 1941 - May 1962
With loose agendas at back.
/3 Share ledger: 1917 - 1957
With derectors register, 1917 - 1948; and loose returns to Companies House, 1954 - 8 at back
/4 Ledger 1933 - 1957
/5 Memorandum and articles of association, Pratt's Ltd., Streatham High Road. 1912