Roman Catholic Church, St Mary parish, Congleton, Cheshire
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
This Mission was started in 1821 by Rev John Hall who was appointed to Macclesfield in the same year and served many parishes particularly in the east of the county. The church itself was opened in July 1826 and was the first in the diocese to celebrate its centenary in 1926.