Transferred by the East London Hospital Management Committee to Tower Hamlets Central library before 1974 and by the Library to Tower Hamlets Health Authority Archives on 13th June 1985
The Hospital was first planned in 1907, opened in 1919 and was extended in 1926 - 1927; 1928 it had 92 beds. In 1948 it ceased to be a Voluntary Hospital and became a part of the National Health Service as a General Hospital of 130 beds. From 1948 - 1966 it was managed by the Stepney Group Hospital Management Committee and, from 1966 - 1974, by the East London Group. The Hospital was closed in 1979. Records survived the destruction of the Office by a bomb in October 1940.