Manchester Road Wesleyan Church, Broadheath, Cheshire
6 boxes (0.054mcu)
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records were deposited in Aug 1973 by Rev D.W.E. May and in Apr 1998 (accession number 1998/13) by Rev. D.P.C. Smith, Circuit Superintendent.
Administrative / biographical background:
The Altrincham Wesleyans formally started a mission in Broadheath in 1883 in some rooms in Dale Street that had previously been occupied by the Primitive Methodists. The chapel in Manchester Road was opened in 1897 and belonged to Altrincham Wesleyan Circuit, re-named Altrincham Methodist Circuit in 1932. The Broadheath society maintained a close link with the Altrincham society in Bank Street (C18/2), sharing its minister throughout most of the years. The church closed in 1966 and the society joined with other Altrincham societies to form Altrincham Methodist Church.