Before 1895, Hungerford division did not officially exist, but before this, there were petty sessions held at Hungerford as a sub-division of the Newbury county division. Circa 1883, this sub-division comprised the following parishes and places:
[Note : the earlier court papers, 1831-1832, indicate that the division may previously have corresponded to Kintbury Eagle hundred]
By 1929, Combe had joined the division, and East and West Shefford had become part of Newbury county division. On 1 June 1964, the division was amalgamated with Lambourn division to form Hungerford and Lambourn division.