Palmer, Son and Lilly, Wrentham, Suffolk, builders and contractors, decorators, plumbers, well-sinkers, hot water engineers and undertakers
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received by Suffolk Record Office on 28 December 1979
Acc. No. 4930
Administrative / biographical background:
The business was commenced by W.G. Lilly and merged with that of F.F. Palmer shortly before 1914; Mr. R.G. Palmer, father-in-law of the depositor, took over about 1945 and ran it until 1972. At its peak of activity the firm had about 30 employees and carried out a wide range of work.