Records, containing many evidences of title, deposited by Messrs Greene & Greene, solicitors, Bury St Edmunds. John Wollaston Greene, whose father and grandfather had also been solicitors, set up business at 58 Abbeygate Street in about 1896. A few years later he took into partnership his brother Kenneth and the firm became 'Greene & Greene'. The move from Abbeygate Street to the present premises at 80 Guildhall Street took place in 1937.
Some accessions had already been individually catalogued under the reference HB 500 and their accession number. They have not been incorporated into this catalogue.
LIST OF CONTENTS: HB 500/A RECORDS OF FIRM AND ITS MEMBERS; HB 500/B EVIDENCES OF TITLE; HB 500/C MISCELLANEOUS CLIENTS' RECORDS; HB 500/D MANORIAL RECORDS; HB 500/E CHARITY RECORDS; HB 500/F MISCELLANEOUS.