Catalogue description Martin Luther Church, German Protestant Church, Newcastle
This record is held by Tyne and Wear Archives
|Title:||Martin Luther Church, German Protestant Church, Newcastle|
For records of South Shields German Church see C.SS28.
|Held by:||Tyne and Wear Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||6 series + 3 files|
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
Accession 2736 (part)
|Administrative / biographical background:||
The Newcastle Congregation branched off from an older German congregation in Sunderland (see C.SU68). It held its first sermons in Brunswick Methodist Church before moving to Lovaine Place in 1906. The work of the Congregation was curtailed during the war years.
In the 1960s Lovaine Place was required as part of the redevelopment of Newcastle and the German Church moved to its present site, provided by Newcastle City Council, at Clarence Street, Shieldfield. The German Church itself raised the funds for the building of the church.
Unless otherwise stated, the records are written in German.
|Link to NRA Record:|
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know