Architectural plans of proposed scheme for alterations to Teddesley Hall by Jeffry Wyatville
The documents were received as a book of plans, however, the covers and two plans were missing. Comparisons with the bill cited above suggest that the missing plans are a perspective view showing alterations to the gardens and front terraces, and a working drawing showing the manner of executing the terrace wall and the wall next to the house to support the ground.
For the bill submitted to E.J. Littleton Esq. for the drawings see D260/M/E/372 and for related correspondence from the architect July 1818 and from his executors 1840 see D260/M/F/5/27/2/10 and D260/M/F/5/27/14/24 and 25.
The hall was built in the 18th century. The alterations proposed by Wyatville were never executed. According to the correspondence cited above, the cost of carrying out the work would have been in the region of £30,000. Proposals were also submitted by Joseph Potter of Lichfield c. 1814 and these were never executed either (for plans see D260/M/E/359-371). The hall was demolished in 1954.
Jeffry Wyatt was authorised by George IV to call himself Wyatville from 1824. The signatures on some plans have been struck through and Wyatville inserted for Wyatt.