Roman Catholic Church, St Edward parish, Runcorn, Cheshire
Immediate source of acquisition:
Unpublished finding aids:
Further information: "Diocese of Shrewsbury Centenary Record", Father Maurice Abbott.
Administrative / biographical background:
The first resident priest for Runcorn, Rev Edward Carter, was appointed in 1842, although a chapel was not built until 1846-1847 by Rev Gerald Ward. The present iron church was erected in 1888, and this was completely restored following a fire which gutted the church in 1945.