In 1855, Newbury County division included a Hungerford sub division, which subsequently became Hungerford division. For records of this sub division, please see PS/H. Circa 1883, the parishes and places in Newbury County division, outside the Hungerford sub division, were as follows :
By 1929, Bucklebury formed part of the division.
In 1946 Aldworth, Catmore, Compton and East and West Ilsley were added, on the abolition of the Ilsley division. On 1 April 1974, the division was amalgamated with Newbury borough petty sessions to form the new Newbury division.