Stockwell Green New Chapel was built as a congregational chapel in 1798, although it did not acquire its first pastor, Thomas Jackson, until 1801. In 1816 the freehold was purchased by the trustees of the Hackney Theological Seminary. The chapel was rebuilt in 1850 as the Stockwell Green Congregational Church during the ministry of David Thomas.
The church was active in providing charitable works for the local area, including the Stockwell Institute which provided day schools and a lecture and meeting hall, sunday schools, benevolent society and coal club.
In 1972 the church because a congregation of the United Reformed Church. In 1987 the church building was sold to the Khatme Mubuwaat islamic organisation; the congregation moved temporaily to St. Andrews church before occupying its current building at 60 - 68, Stockwell Road in 1991.
IV/167/2 Church Membership
IV/167/3 Finance Records
IV/167/4 Buildings and Administration
IV/167/5 Church Organisations