Contains plans and specifications for parsonages Mostly plans, specifications and connected papers for building, repairing or altering parsonage houses but they include a few relating to the repair and alteration of chancels.
The documents have been arranged topographically; the significance of the original numbering is not clear. An alphabetical list of surveyors and architects has been made.
These papers relating to the Archdeaconries of Ipswich and Suffolk, 1783-1913, were transferred from the Diocesan Registry at Norwich to the Ipswich and East Suffolk Record Office, January 1958. They resulted from an Act of Parliament, 17. Geo. iii. cap. 53, (1777) which dealt with dilapidations.