The act establishing the Court of Augmentations in 1536 allowed the court to make grants, gifts and leases to be issued under its own great seal on receipt of authorisation from the Crown. The majority of the records in this series are copies of privy seal warrants instructing the senior officials of the court to appoint named individuals to minor posts (bailiffs, collectors, stewards, etc) or to issue leases.
In the case of appointments, the warrants give the name of the appointee, the title of the post, the terms on which it was held and the salary. For the leases, they give the name of the tenant, brief details of the property, including approximate location, the name of the person or institution from whom the Crown acquired it, the period for which it was to be held and the rent.
There are also some transcripts of leases from the Court of Augmentations and, for the reign of Philip and Mary, the Exchequer, Pipe Office.
Includes records otherwise in Division in E: Records of the Pipe Office.