Catalogue description The Crown Estate Commissioners: Windsor Estate Map
|Title:||The Crown Estate Commissioners: Windsor Estate Map|
The single volume in this series has been transferred to MPZ 1/23.
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
The Crown Estate, 1956-
|Access conditions:||Subject to 30 year closure|
|Administrative / biographical background:||
The Crown Estate Act 1961 (9 -10 Eliz II, c55) contained special provisions for the management of the Windsor Estate and laid upon The Crown Estate commissioners the duty of maintaining the estate's character as a royal park and forest. Under section 5(4) of the act the estate was defined as meaning the land which at the commencement of that act formed part of the Crown estates and was within the area of Windsor Park and Windsor Forest. For the better identification of the land in question, a map called 'The Windsor Estate Map' showing by brown colour wash the area of the park and by green colour wash the area of the forest was on 3 April 1963 sealed by the commission and deposited in the Public Record Office.
The statutory instrument, The Crown Estate (Windsor Estate) Order 1963, referred specifically to this map and ordered that the boundaries of the Windsor Estate were those depicted on the map by a red verged line, and the boundary between the park and the forest by a black line.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know