Board of Trade, Industries and Manufactures Department, Scientific Instruments, Glassware and Potash Production Section, 1919-1923
Ministry of Munitions, American and Transport Department, Optical Munitions and Glassware Branch, 1916-1917
Ministry of Munitions, American and Transport Department, Potash Production Branch, 1917-1919
Ministry of Munitions, Munitions Supply Department, 1915-1916
Ministry of Munitions, Optical Munitions Branch, 1916-1916
Administrative / biographical background:
When the Ministry of Munitions was established in June 1915 optical munitions were dealt with by a division of the Munitions Supply Department. A separate Optical Munitions Branch was formed in this department in July 1916 and transferred to the American and Transport Department in October 1916, where it was known as the Optical Munitions and Glassware Branch. In June 1917 a Potash Production Branch was formed as part of this branch. Both branches were placed in the Materials Group in the reorganisation of the Ministry in August 1917.
The Ministry of Munitions Potash Branch and Optical Instruments and Glassware Branch were transferred to the Board of Trade on 1 June 1919, when they formed the Scientific Instruments, Glassware and Potash Production Section of the Industries and Manufactures Department. This section was fully absorbed into the department in 1923.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know