Germany: Prisoners, including:
Visits to working camps and conditions at the working camp at Grezhausen.
Reports by Dr Römer on visits of inspection to:
- Rhein Westfälische Kalkwerke, Abt. 'Neanderthal'.
- Wald, near Solinger, Westphalia (Dülmen 39).
- Lazaret Stargard.
- Reserve Lazaret III, 'Johannesthal', Stettin (Altdamm).
- Wiedingen, near Soltau.
- Königliche Eisenb. Direktion Elberfeld, in Neanderhaus, Scheurenstrasse 8, Düsseldorf.
- Chemische Fabrik, 'Union', Stettin.
- Chemische Fabrik, Pommerensdorf.
- Gutsverwaltung Klein Küssow.
- Oberförsterei Langeloh.
- Soltau Lazaret.
Replies from German authorities to complaints about conditions at various camps.
Non-transmission of a letter from Peter Keith, a prisoner at Springhirsch Camp.
Bayonetting of Sergeant R E Allen.
System of weighing parcels to prevent theft instituted at Poley camp.
Statements on treatment of prisoners by:
- Private Joseph Newman, 17 Australians.
- Private Harry Earl Drope, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry.
- Private Thomas Jones, 4 Dragoon Guards.
- Private Thomas Luke Shannon, 90 Winnipeg Rifles.
- Private J A Carruthers, 9 Royal Scots concerning the treatment of prisoners in factories.
- Lance Corporal M Wall, Royal Irish Regiment concerning the treatment of prisoners in factories and quarries.
- Lance Corporal A Motto, 2 King's Own Royal Lancashire Regiment concerning the treatment of prisoners in quarries.
- Private J Purcell, 2 Royal Munster Fusiliers.
- Sergeant P Murphy, Royal Scots Fusiliers.
- Lance Corporal A T S Baxter, 9 Royal Scots.
- Lance Corporal Norman W Roberts, Yorkshire and Lancashire Regiment.
- Sergeant J Morton, Royal Scottish Fusiliers.
- Lance Corporal Charles Hibbert, 2 Sherwood Foresters.
- Corporal J Parker, 2 Sherwood Foresters.
- Sergeant E A Fitch, 5 Australian Imperial Forces.
- Sergeant O S Cole, 29 Australian Imperial Forces.
- Corporal J J Germon, 3 Canadian Infantry.
- Lance Corporal Caslin, 2 Connaught Rangers.
- Private J Hall, 2 Northumberland Fusiliers.
- CQMS Borland, Royal Scottish Fusiliers.
- Sergeant S Wilman, 18 West Yorkshire Regiment.
- Private E Davis, 1 Scots Guards.
- Corporal T Humphries, 1 Somerset Light Infantry.
- Corporal J Ledingham, 1 King's Liverpool.
- Corporal T W Sharp, 1 Welsh Regiment.
- Corporal T M Riordan, Yorkshire Regiment.
- Corporal F de Grandmont, 7 Canadian Infantry.
- Private J Griffin, 2 Northumberland Fusiliers.
- Corporal J Hibbert, 3 Sherwood Foresters.
- Sergeant H Bray, 2 Border Regiment.
- Corporal S E Parker, 48 Canadian Highlanders.
- Private E Banbury, Dorset Regiment.
- Private J Marshall, 8 Durham Light Infantry.
- Private W Burrows, Irish Guards.
- Corporal M Austin, 55 Australian Imperial Forces.
- Sergeant Major Webb, Worcestershire Regiment.
- Corporal Leach, 17 Manchester Regiment.
Case of Private Charles Spink, interned at the Lazarette at Soltau.
Transfer of Private George Arskott, West Yorkshire Regiment.
Trial of Private G H Moffat, Gordon Highlanders, for disobedience.
Case of George Wilham Pulford, Deckhand Royal Naval Reserve, late of HM Trawler Era.
Transfer of Private Arthur Doole, interned at Boltz, to another camp.
Conditions at the working camp at Dyrotz, a pitch factory.
Reports by Monsieur Snouck-Hurgronje on visits of inspection to:
Reports by Dr Hoeckstra on visits of inspection to:
- Köln-Neussener Bergwerksverein.
- Zeche Helene, Essen-Altenessen.
- Grube Matthias Stinnes.
- Grube Westerholt.
Case of Private W E Stanley, sentenced to seven years imprisonment for assaulting someone in authority.
Visits by Mr Pederson, Secretary of the Danish Red Cross, to prisoner of war camps in Germany.
Stabbing of Sergeant Allan, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, and Lance Corporal Thompson, 5th Scottish Rifles, at Bohmte Hamel 17: includes statement by Lance Corporal Thompson.
Statement by Private Pergandy on the treatment of Private Leake at Borbeck Coal Mine.
Medical treatment of prisoners at Görries.
Newspaper cutting reporting on murder of Private Henry Richardson, Northumberland Fusiliers, while interned in Germany.
Code 1218 File 303 (papers 111479-112820).