Treasury, Environment and Public Purchasing Division, 1970-1974
Open unless otherwise stated
Immediate source of acquisition:
Treasury , 2001 to 2016
T 447/127-195 were transferred to T 341/954-1022 in June 2016.
Series ran from 1970
No further accruals are expected.
Administrative / biographical background:
In 1970 the work of the Science and Technology Division was divided between the Agriculture, Trade and Technology Division and a new Environment and Public Purchasing Division (EP Division). EP Division took over responsibility for housing and local government matters, public purchasing and the control of expenditure by the Ministry of Public Buildings and Works and the Civil Service Department. It also serviced the Procurement Policy Committee and its sub-committees.
In 1972 it lost its lead on procurement standardisation to the Department of Trade and Industry and later that year took on responsibility for environmental questions and the control of expenditure by the Department of the Environment. In December 1974 its public purchasing responsibilities were transferred to the Management Accounting Unit of the Treasury and the division became the Environment and Public Service Division.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know