Birmingham Regional Hospital Board Group 20 Hospital Management Committee
THESE RECORDS ARE CLOSED FOR THIRTY YEARS
Birmingham, West Midlands
Administrative / biographical background:
The National Health Service Act, 1946, transferred hospital and specialist services to the Minister of Health. All the hospitals and clinics in Coventry, Nuneaton, and Rugby were assigned to the Group 20 Hospital Management Committee. In 1948 those hospitals were: Coventry area: Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry; No. 1 Branch, Keresley; No. 2 Branch, Kenilworth; No. 3 Branch, Kenilworth; Gulson Hospital (including Allesley Hall and Allesley House); Coventry Isolation; Paybody (Orthopaedic) Clinic; Paybody (Orthopaedic) Hospital; Tuberculosis Dispensary, Coventry; High View Hospital and annexes (formerly Exhall Lodge and annexes). Nuneaton Area: Manor Hospital (formerly Nuneaton General); Bramcote Hospital (formerly Bramcote Isolation); Grendon Hospital (formerly Atherstone Isolation); T.B. Clinic, Nuneaton; T.B. Clinic, Atherstone; V.D. Clinic, Nuneaton; George Eliot Hospital (formerly Nuneaton Emergency). Rugby area: Hospital of St Cross; St Mary's Hospital (formerly Harborough Magna Isolation Hospital); T.B. Clinic, Rugby; County Maternity Home; St Luke's Hospital (formerly Rugby Emergency Hospital).