The records listed here were deposited in the Record Office on 13 August 1991.
Administrative / biographical background:
The earliest reference to the independent congregation at Ilfracombe is in 1687. The congregation's first chapel was built in 1728-9 in Ilfracombe High Street. The building was enlarged in 1819 and again in 1884. In 1973 the Congregational Church became the Ilfracombe United Reformed Church. The Church has now joined with the local Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church building has been converted into a Day Centre by Devon County Council.