The following items were received from Gordon Dennington.
Date of accession: 14 February 1997
Accession number: A97-7
Administrative / biographical background:
The Unitarian Church was formed in Lewisham in 1896, and formally founded a year later, in their first home being the building previously used by the Congregationalists in the High Street, opposite Limes Grove. In 1897 there were five Unitarian churches in South East London, by 1997 Lewisham Church is the sole survivor.