COURT IN SESSION : court minutes, 1867-1954; court papers, 1836-1844, 1953-1954; court registers, 1880-1954; juvenile court registers, 1934-1954; informations and complaints, 1951-1952; warrants, 1949-1954; probation register, 1947-1954; pardon, 1948; register of adoptions, 1947-1954; adoption papers, 1950-1954.; REGISTRATION AND DEPOSIT : registers of alehouse licences, 1872-1947; licensing maps, c.1900-c.1933; register of clubs, 1947-1954; licensing papers, 1932-1955; register of premises licensed for music and dancing, 1947-1948.; ADMINISTRATION : probation committee papers, 1947; fines and fees accounts, 1919-1940; cinema fund account book and papers, 1934-1955; correspondence from the Clerk of the Peace, Abingdon, 1877; miscellaneous, c.1927-1946..
In 1855, Moreton division (then known as the Wallingford County division) comprised the following parishes and places :
[Note : the earlier court papers, 1836-1844, indicate that the division may previously have corresponded to Moreton hundred, together with the places listed above.]
On 1 May 1954, the division was amalgamated with the Wallingford borough petty sessions to form Moreton and Wallingford division. It also received the parishes of Little and Long Wittenham, transferred from Abingdon County division.