Bosmere and Claydon Rural District Council, 1895-1934
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
Bosmere and Claydon Rural District Council was set up under the Local Government Act 1894 in 1895, as successor to the Bosmere and Claydon Rural Sanitary Authority, which was set up under the Public Health Act 1872.
The authority was abolished in Mar 1934, under the Local Government Act 1929, when it merged with the East Stow Rural District Council to become the Gipping Rural District Council.
For list of parishes, see the Kelly's Directory of Suffolk for the year 1906 or the Parochial Ledgers (ref EF 15/2/2/1-5) in this list.