DC/ES/1 Minutes of Eston Local Board and Eston UDC DC/ES/2 Committee Minutes DC/ES/3 Agenda Papers & Printed Minutes DC/ES/4 Registers DC/ES/5 Declaration of Acceptance of Office DC/ES/6 Attendance Books DC/ES/7 Terriers DC/ES/8 Burial Grants & Burial Board DC/ES/9 Applications for Consent to Borrow DC/ES/10 Newspaper Cuttings Book DC/ES/11 Annual Reports of the Medical Officer of Health DC/ES/12 Files DC/ES/13 Contract Documents DC/ES/14 Tees Valley Water Board DC/ES/15 Abstracts of Accounts DC/ES/16 Photographs DC/ES/17 Planning Applications and Registers DC/ES/18 Byelaws DC/ES/19 Miscellaneous DC/ES/20 Financial Records DC/ES/21 Engineers Records
See also: DC/NO Southbank in Normanby Urban District Council and Normanby Local Health Board BB/ES Eston Burial Board CB/T Teesside County Borough (1968-1974) CC Cleveland County (1974-1996) BC/L Borough of Langbaurgh (1974-1996) BC/RC Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council (1996-onwards)
The population of Eston increased in the 1850s due to the opening of the first ironstone mine. Eston Local Health Board was formed in 1884 and worked for a decade to improve the sanitary arrangements, provide water from a clean source, improve street lighting and roads and built an isolation hospital. Eston Urban District Council was formed in January 1895 and in 1915 amalgamated with Normanby Urban District Council to cover the areas of Eston, Normanby, South Bank and Grangetown. In 1968 Eston UDC was absorbed into the County Borough of Teesside and in 1974 became part of Cleveland County and the Borough of Langbaurgh.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know