Deposited by: Hackney Museum (donor in Hackney Libraries)
Condition of deposit: Donation (Transfer of records)
There is an account of the H.S.S.A. in the North London Guardian Art Supplement for 15 October 1909 (copy in local history collection oversize pamphlet sequence) which mentions the revival and gives an account of the annual championship races for that year..
Administrative / biographical background:
The Hackney Schools Swimming Association was reformed in 1895 as a branch of the London Schools Swimming Association. It promoted the use of the newly constructed Hackney Baths on Lower Clapton Road from the late 1890s, and organised swimming competitions, making its own awards.