Hooper & Co, coachmakers, began trading in 1846 at 28 Haymarket. However, the company can be traced back to 1808 when J and G Adams opened a coachmaking business at 57 Haymarket. In 1811 George Adams moved to 28 Haymarket and in 1833 George Hooper joined him. In 1846 the company became known as Hooper & Co. In 1867 the company moved their premises to Victoria Street and in 1897 they moved to 54 St James's Street. Hooper and Co closed in 1959, by which time they were a subsidiary company of the Birmingham Small Arms Company.