Armstrong, Addison and Co, 1875-c1990, Sunderland, timber merchants
Immediate source of acquisition:
Acc 1679, 2507
Administrative / biographical background:
Established c1867 by John Armstrong, who went into partnership in about 1869 with George E Forster. The latter left the company in 1875 and Armstrong, Addison & Co was set up. The firm's offices were in North Bridge Street, Sunderland and the works and sawmills at North Dock, Sunderland and Northumberland Dock, North Shields, until 1990 when it moves to Pallion. It appears to have closed down soon afterwards.