Records deposited 1976, by Mr. A. Kershaw, Branch Secretary, National Union of Textile and Allied Workers (Staff Section)
Administrative / biographical background:
In the 1940s, several local association of mill managers formed the Amalgamation of Textile Officials with 11 branches. In 1947, the Amalgamation merged with A.S.S.E.T., but withdrew after 18 months. The Textile Officials Association was established in 1949, and continued until 1970 when it became the National Union of Textile and Allied Workers (Staff Section).