Some files are only available on microfilm. Please check access.
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
The Mission Chapel of St Augustine was originally in the parish of St Andrew, Fulham. The parish of St Augustine, Lillie Road, Fulham was formed in 1901. St Augustine's Church was destroyed by bombing in October 1940. A temporary church was opened in 1941 over the parish hall.
The marriage register was closed in October 1956 on the union of the parish with St Oswald, Anselm Road, Fulham to form the parish of St Oswald with St Augustine.
St Oswald's became the parish church of the united parish whilst St Augustine's Church was used as a chapel of ease and was relicensed for marriages in October 1956.
In 1973 St Oswalds was declared redundant and St Augustine's become the parish church. The name of the parish was changed to St Augustine, Lillie Road, Fulham. More recently the parish has joined with the parish of St Alban to become St Alban with St Augustine, Margravine Road, Fulham. The patronage is shared between the Bishop of London and the Corporation of London.