Union Presbyterian Church of England Fountains Road, Liverpool
United Reformed Church, Fountains Road, Liverpool
9 vols., 3 plans; 12 files
Immediate source of acquisition:
These records were deposited in this library in May 1978 by the Rev. P. Brain, following a resolution of Westminster Road United Reformed Church to deposit them here. Acc. 3137
Administrative / biographical background:
The Union Church was so named because its foundation stone was laid on 15th June 1876, the year when the Presbyterian Church in England and the United Presbyterian Church joined to form the Presbyterian Church of England.
When the old Westminster Road Church was demolished, the Union congregation joined that at Westminster Road to form a united church.
After 1972 it was a United Reformed Church, as a result of the union of the Congregational and Presbyterian churches.