Records concerning the Crossbrook Street Congregational Chapel, Cheshunt, deposited in the Record Office on 18 March 1976 by the Trust Secretary of the Hertfordshire Congregational Union.
Administrative / biographical background:
The Congregational Church at Crossbrook Street in Cheshunt was originally founded in 1600. The church was rebuilt in 1705 and the first trust deed was created on 29 September 1705. One of the chapels most famous ministers was Dr Isaac Watts. On 23 September 1733 the Presbyterian Congregation in Cheshunt amalgamated with the Congregation at Crossbrook Street.
In 1857 the Church replaced their eighteenth century buildings with a church with a spire on the same site to seat 450 people.