Engineer and Surveyor's Department: Building Regulation Plans, new buildings and alterations in Patcham and Preston
About 435 plans for buildings in Patcham (and a few in Preston) which were submitted to Steyning East Rural District Council between 1895 and 1928, and transferred to Brighton Borough Council in 1928 when the Rural District Council ceased to exist
The plans were probably re-arranged and numbered in or after 1928 in a alphabetical order by street, and were subsequently again renumbered when they were placed in wallets. This last number has been retained for current reference purposes.
The title of each plan contains the following information separated by oblique strokes: [Old reference number] Nature of work / Location / Owner / Builder or architect
The list which follows as the means of reference by street was compiled in East Sussex Record Office is a copy of DB/D/6/23.