Also includes agreements, plans and papers on drainage and development of Grange Road,1871-73 and report on portion of roofs, nd . The property included besides the house (called in 1865 Southover Priory) 4 acres of meadow immediately adjoining, on the east, including part of the site of School House (the present Grange Gardens) .and 6 acres of meadow on the west (in front of the house and on the other side of the road from Keere Street .to Southover). It passed to Elizabeth daughter of William Newton, wife of William Courthope Mabbott on his death in 1808. She died in 1859 and trustees sold it in 1865 to Captain Charles Wyndham of Brighton who sold to William Macgregor of Reigate in 1871. By this time a number of houses had been built on the land to the west of the Grange, along what was later Grange Road. Macgregor sold to Joseph Thorne of Sevenoaks in 1879 who died in 1885. His widow sold to J. G. Gordon Woodhouse of Middlesex in 1901.