The records donated by the late W. J. W. Pye's neice, Mrs. W. Mahon, are of a miscellaneous character retained by Mr. Pye himself. Items such as family photographic albums and examples of printed material by other firms have been transferred to the Department of Antiquities.
W. J. W. Pye served his apprenticeship with J. Fleming & Co., Lithographic and Letterpress Printers, of Wellington St., Leicester, from 1888 to 1894. On completing his articles he immediately set up in business on his own account in works in Gosling St., Leicester. Later he moved to the Boulevard, Leicester, until the business was sold.