Catalogue description PETTY SESSIONS: WINDSOR BOROUGH
This record is held by Berkshire Record Office
|Title:||PETTY SESSIONS: WINDSOR BOROUGH|
|Description:||COURT IN SESSION: Court minutes, 1927- 1974; court papers, 1893-1900, 1969; court registers, 1900-1978; juvenile court registers, 1933-1979; security books, 1934-1953.; REGISTRATION AND DEPOSIT: Registers of alehouse licences 1926-1961; licensing maps, c.1900-c.1914; registers of clubs, 1903-1962; licensing papers, c.1954-1957; register of cinematograph licences, 1910-1954; register of bookmakers' premises and betting office licences, 1961-1980.; ADMINISTRATION: Miscellaneous correspondence, 1933-1946; leaflet relating to traffic offences, c.1963..|
|Held by:||Berkshire Record Office, not available at The National Archives|
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
Deposited in November 1972 (acc 1778 (pt)), June 1981 (acc 2901 (pt)), November 1983 (acc 3323 (pt)).
Acc 1778 (pt): 14A/1-4
Acc 2901 (pt): 1A/1-6; 2/1-3, 5-58, 60; 4/1, 3; 8/1, 2; 19/1
Acc 3323 (pt): 1/1-114; 1A/7; 2/4, 59, 61-96; 4/2, 4-11; 14/1,2; 16/1-3; 17/1,2; 21/1; 25/1,2; 26/1
|Administrative / biographical background:||
Notes on the boundaries of jurisdiction
In 1855, the New Windsor borough petty sessions' jurisdiction extended only to the parish of New Windsor and to Windsor Castle. Subsequently it was extended to include Clewer and Dedworth, both previously part of the Windsor County division, despite being within the New Windsor Borough boundary.
In 1981, the borough petty sessions amalgamated with the Windsor County division, to form the New Windsor division.
|Link to NRA Record:|
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know