Blyth Rural District Council was formed under the Local Government Act 1929, which came into force on 1 April 1934. The district comprised parishes formerly in Blything and Plomesgate Rural District Councils. Blyth RDC was abolished under the Local Government Act 1972, which came into force on 1 April 1974, when it merged with the Deben RDC, Saxmundham UDC, Leiston UDC, Woodbridge UDC and Felixstowe UDC, to form a new Suffolk Coastal District Council. Documents listed were transferred to the Record Office, after the re-organisation in 1974, at different stages by the Suffolk Coastal District Council. For list of parishes within the Blyth RDC see Suffolk Kelly's Directory 1937.