|Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in July 1975 (acc. 2028); September 1975 (acc. 2057); May 1985 (acc. 3568); June 1985 (acc. 3595); March 1987 (acc. 3961); May 1989 (acc. 4397).
Cat: MS/1993, SE 10/1999
Schedule of accessions
Accs. 2028 (part), 2057 (part) S/FR/2/1-65, S/FR/2/67-72, S/FR/2/74-82; S/FR/3/1-3, S/FR/3/5-57; S/FR/5/1-2; S/FR/6/1; S/FR/7/1-2; S/FR/8/1; S/FR/9/2
Acc. 3568 (part) S/FR/2/105-115, S/FR/2/119, S/FR/2/122-127, S/FR/2/130, S/FR/2/135-150, S/FR/2/155-168, S/FR/2/170-171, S/FR/2/173; S/FR/3/71, S/FR/3/79-94, S/FR/3/99-109, S/FR/3/111-114, S/FR/3/120-122, S/FR/3/128, S/FR/3/137, S/FR/3/154-155, S/FR/3/157-159; S/FR/9/1
Acc. 3595 S/FR/2/116-118, FR2/120-121, FR2/128-129, FR2/169, FR2/175-176; S/FR/3/119, S/FR/3/123-127, S/FR/3/129-134, S/FR/3/166, S/FR/3/168, S/FR/3/170-171, S/FR/3/174; S/FR/4/1-3, S/FR/4/13-32; S/FR/10/1; S/FR/11/1
Acc. 3961 S/FR/2/103-104, S/FR/2/131-134, S/FR/2/151-154, S/FR/2/174; S/FR/3/68-70, S/FR/3/77-78, S/FR/3/95-98, S/FR/3/115-118, S/FR/3/135, S/FR/3/138-153, S/FR/3/156, S/FR/3/167, S/FR/3/169, S/FR/3/172-173, S/FR/3/175-185; S/FR/4/4-7, S/FR/4/9
Acc. 4397 S/FR/1/1; S/FR/2/66, S/FR/2/73, S/FR/2/83-102, S/FR/2/172; S/FR/3/4, S/FR/3/58-67, S/FR/3/72-76, S/FR/3/110, S/FR/3/136, S/FR/3/160-165; S/FR/4/8, S/FR/4/10-12
|Administrative / biographical background:
Slough Local Board came into being on 14 July 1863. At that date the town lay almost wholly within the parish of Upton cum Chalvey, with the smaller part in the parish of Stoke Poges. A civil parish of Slough was created only when the Local Board became the Urban District Council after the Local Government Act 1894.
Slough Urban District was enlarged on 1 October 1900, when parts of the civil parishes of Langley Marish, Stoke Poges and Upton cum Chalvey were transferred by Local Government Board Order No 39611. The Urban District was further expanded by the Slough (Extension) Order 1929 to include additional parts of Langley Marish and Stoke Poges, together with parts of the parishes of Burnham, Dorney, Farnham Royal and Horton. Another order in 1931 added additional parts of Farnham Royal and Stoke Poges.
Slough was incorporated as a Municipal Borough on 1 April 1938.
Slough was transferred from Buckinghamshire to the new administrative county of Berkshire on 1 April 1974.