This charity was founded by the will of Rev Thomas Tymme, Rector of Hasketon which he signed on 22 September 1614. Tymme died in 1620 and was buried at Hasketon. It was his wish that the rents and revenues of the property he left in trust should pay for the maintenance and keeping of two of the most aged and poorest people living in Hasketon.
The property which Rev Tymme left in trust was situated in Hasketon and comprised The Forge with dwelling house and garden, a pair of cottages later known as Fairfield cottages in Boulge Road, four enclosures of arable and pasture land and the allotment field.
In the late 1940s the Tymme charity found itself facing financial difficulties. The cost of upkeep of the cottages had been high and pensions, rates, insurance premiums and tithes all had to be paid. In December 1949 the trustees decided to sell the estate and to pay the pensions out of interest on the capital that would be raised in this way.