The records listed below were deposited in the Chester City Record Office on 10 December 1986 by Councillor S. M. N. on behalf of Upton by Chester Golf Club Ladies Section.
Records in the collection which are less than 30 years old will not be produced for public inspection, without prior permission from the depositor.
Administrative / biographical background:
The ladies' section of Upton by Chester Golf Club dates from the 1930s. At a meeting of the general committee held at The Oaks on 23 July 1934, it was decided that a ladies auxiliary committee should be appointed. An annual general meeting of lady members was held in the village hall, Upton on 4 April 1935, at which it was resolved that the committee which had acted during the winter of 1934-35, should be re-elected en bloc. Twenty members were present at the meeting.